IT Database Administration SupervisorApply
Location: Providence, RI
KLR is one of the fastest growing accounting firms in New England. We are seeking an IT Database Administration Supervisor to join our team in our Providence office.
KLR is ranked as one of the top one hundred accounting and business consulting firms in the United States. KLR operates five (5) offices in MA and RI and has more than 250 professionals.
As a member of our IT Team you will:
- Provide operational support for SQL Server databases, including but not limited to creating, maintaining, and editing queries and reports, monitoring SQL query performance, and maintenance of test and production environments.
- At the direction of the IT Manager, assist with troubleshooting database problems and assist with/provide technical support;
- Participate in regular database capacity planning related to database growth and system utilization;
- Liaise with internal clients and external vendors to manage system upgrades;
- Assist with project management responsibilities related to IT projects including system implementations, migrations and upgrades;
- Assist with system administration tasks, including server upgrades, patches, etc.;
- Assist with typical hands on IT hardware/software team support tasks as needed (willing to roll up sleeves as needed).
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change from time to time with notice whenever possible, but not guaranteed.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of training and work experience
- 5+ years of experience in database administration and programming
- Prior hands on experience with a SQL Server database (including query creation and maintenance)
- VMware knowledge a plus
- Microsoft certification a plus
- Strong analytical and organization skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative, team environment
We are looking for a candidate to work full time. Normal hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm overtime during our peak season: January through April and sporadically through the rest of the year. These periods require increasing normal weekly hours, which include weekends.
KLR offers a wide range of benefits including: health and dental insurance, paid time-off and a competitive retirement savings plan. We offer tuition assistance, in-house education programs and offer employees opportunities for community involvement.
Come join a firm who has recently been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by the Providence Business Journal and voted as a Top 100 Firm in the country by Accounting Today!
KLR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.