IT Help Desk TechnicianApply
Location: Providence, RI
KLR is one of the fastest growing accounting firms in New England. We are seeking an IT Help Desk Technician to join our team in our Providence office.
KLR is ranked as one of the top one hundred accounting and business consulting firms in the United States. KLR operates five (5) offices in MA and RI and has more than 250 professionals.
As a member of our IT Team you will:
- Assist end users with issues regarding: network, computers, cell phone, tablets, network connection issues and software
- Maintain, analyze, troubleshoot, and repair computer systems, hardware & computer peripherals, and user accounts including rights, security, & systems groups
- Document, maintain, upgrade and/or replace hardware and software systems
- Experience with laptop maintenance with updates to both Windows and Bios
- Knowledge of VMware Virtual Environment
- Remote support to end users with software such as Zoom, SKYPE, and Fast Support
- Demonstrate a high level of accountability on all operational duties and adhere to expected standards
- Follow documented processes paying close attention to detail
- Other duties as assigned
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change from time to time with notice whenever possible, but not guaranteed.
- Associates degree desired or 2 years of experience
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Windows Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 10)
- Microsoft Office products (O365/2016) Teams, Skype for Business, Outlook
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Flexible attitude in an environment with varying priorities and management styles
- Dependable - available to work after hours and weekends is a must
We are looking for a candidate to work full time. Normal hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm overtime during our peak season: January through April and sporadically through the rest of the year. These periods require increasing normal weekly hours, which include weekends.
KLR offers a wide range of benefits including: health and dental insurance, paid time-off and a competitive retirement savings plan. We offer tuition assistance, in-house education programs and offer employees opportunities for community involvement.
Come join a firm who has recently been recognized for a 13th straight year as the “Best Place to Work” by the Providence Business Journal and voted as a Top 100 Firm in the country by Accounting Today!
KLR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.