KLR Outsourcing - ControllerApply
- Location: Providence or Newport, RI, Boston or Waltham, MA
- Required Years of Experience: 7+ years
- Required Education: B.A. or B.S. required, Accounting or Finance degrees are a plus. CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Department: KLR Outsourcing
KLR Outsourcing is currently seeking experienced Controller to join their growing team of talented Consultants. This position offers the unique opportunity not only to serve clients in a consulting role on a wide range of interim and project-based assignments, but also be part of a growing practice as we continue our expansion in the New England market.
Our clients consist of start-up to mid-sized companies covering a variety of industries based in the greater New England area. KLR Outsourcing provide services both at the client’s location as well as remotely and function as part of their team throughout the duration of each project.
Consultants at the Controller level work closely with clients by providing critical senior financial management and accounting services while delivering the highest levels of professionalism and client service. As a Controller, you will partner with a variety of individuals to achieve client success, including but not limited to CEOs, executive teams, bankers, private equity firms, legal advisers and investors. Our Consultants thrive in new environments and help companies execute growth strategies, take on new initiatives and implement processes and improvements.
Act as the Controller for the designated clients you service
- Take on the role of consultant and advisor to your clients on best practices for accounting and finance-related engagements
- Provide project management expertise by managing multiple clients, projects, and deadlines
- Prepare and analyze client financial statements and make recommendations
- Perform complex accounting services for your clients
- Resolve all accounting issues and discrepancies
- Foster and build opportunities for our clients, communities, and people
- Become an industry professional and attend industry-leading events and trainings
- Maintain knowledge of the client’s organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards
- Additional duties as assigned
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience with a minimum of 3 years as a Controller
- Accounting operations management experience
- Experience in preparing and analyzing financial statements
- Working knowledge of accounting principles generally accepted in the United States of America (US GAAP)
- Proficient at budgeting and forecasting with complex, dynamic financial models
- Proven record of being proactive and implementing new processes and procedures
- Strong desire for consulting style work and delivering excellent client service
- Strong knowledge of MS Office products
- Must be forward thinking and have a desire to learn and grow professionally
- Strong technical acumen and experience with a variety of accounting platforms
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication, organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- B.A. or B.S. required, Accounting or Finance degrees are a plus
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- People management experience with the ability to guide, train, coach, motivate and direct a team to achieve desired results
- Reliable transportation to local client sites as needed
- Prior project management and client management experience preferred
KLR Outsourcing specializes in the management of a company’s entire financial needs – from bookkeeping, financial reporting, to guiding financial decisions that support long-term growth objectives. KLR can handle all of the financial aspects of a business, including everything from accounting and tracking of finances, all the way up to making financial business decisions for the future.
KLR Outsourcing is an affiliate company of KLR, a Top 100 firm in the country and one of the largest professional service providers in New England serving individuals and businesses with diverse needs across a spectrum of industries.
KLR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.