PE VC Senior ManagerApply
- Location: Providence, RI; Boston, MA; Waltham, MA
- Required Years of Experience: 9+ years
- Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Travel: Daily travel to client locations locally, opportunities for overnight travel
- Relocation: No
- Job Industry: Public Accounting
- Department: Accounting and Auditing
KLR is one of the fastest growing accounting firms in New England. We are seeking a Senior Audit Manager to join our Private Equity and Venture Capital Services team in our Boston or Providence office.
KLR is ranked as one of the top 100 accounting and business consulting firms in the United States. KLR operates four (4) offices in MA and RI and has more than 250 professionals.
As a Senior Audit Manager on our Private Equity and Venture Capital Services Team (PE/VC Team), you will utilize your educational background as well as your organizational skills as you work on a variety of for some of New England’s premier PE/VC firms as well as a variety of PE/VC backed portfolio companies. We perform a variety of fund and management company audits and our audit engagements for PE/VC backed companies are in many industries including: manufacturing, distribution, technology, life sciences, retail, hospitality, real estate, and healthcare. Members of the PE/VC team will also have the opportunity to assist our Transaction Advisory Services team in performing buy-side and sell-side due diligence projects, as well as a variety of other special projects including financial modeling, forecasts and projections, agreed upon procedures and financial statement review engagements.
Candidates applying for this position will be responsible for the following:
- Be responsible for client relationships within our PE/VC practice as well as for other clients assigned to them.
- Direct field work on financial statement audit, consulting and other engagements,
- Schedule and monitor the progress of engagements in relation to budgets and due dates
- Supervise and review engagement planning, train and evaluate associates and supervisors
- Review all work before submission to the engagement Partner for further review
- Negotiate fees and ensure proper billings to clients
- Serve as liaison among Partners, clients and staff
- Demonstrate proficient technical skills for handling all client responsibilities, including knowledge of trends, industries, alternatives, etc.
- Understand the client’s organization, procedures and internal policies
- Owning client relationships and engagements
- Provide clients’ with recommendations and guidance on how to achieve their goals and assist in identifying opportunities for growth with clients
- Working closely with staff, and assisting senior management in mentoring, coaching, training, supervising, and evaluating staff
- Foster a team environment; demonstrate support of management and firm decisions and help build a positive culture
- Participate in practice development activities that lead to the generation of new business and the opportunities for cross-selling
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Master’s degree in related field preferred
- 9+ years of technical audit experience in public accounting or related field, 3 in supervisory/managerial role working with PE/VC firms and their portfolio companies
- CPA or equivalent certification is a must
- Ability to manage all aspects of client engagements
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated supervisory ability, strong operational and project management skills
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Ability to travel to client locations within and outside of New England as necessary
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change from time to time with notice whenever possible, but not guaranteed.
We are looking for a candidate to work full time. Normal hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, with overtime during our peak season: January through April and sporadically through the rest of the year. These periods require increasing normal weekly hours, which include weekends.
KLR offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KLR is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KLR complies with applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.