Audit Supervisor - PE/VCApply
- Location: Providence, RI
- Required Years of Experience: 3+ years
- Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Travel: Daily travel to client locations locally, opportunities for overnight travel
- Relocation: No
- Job Industry: Public Accounting
- Department: Accounting and Auditing
KLR is one of the fastest growing accounting firms in New England. We are seeking a Supervisor to join our team in our Providence or Boston Office.
KLR is ranked as one of the top 100 accounting and business consulting firms in the United States. KLR operates four (4) offices in MA and RI and has more than 250 professionals.
As an Audit Supervisor on our Private Equity and Venture Capital Services Team (PE/VC Team), you will utilize your educational background as well as your organizational skills as you work closely with colleagues on a variety of assignments for some of New England’s premier PE/VC firms as well as a variety of PE/VC backed portfolio companies. We perform a variety of fund and management company audits for some of New England’s premier PE/VC firms, and our audit engagements for PE/VC backed companies are in many industries including:manufacturing, distribution, technology, life sciences, retail, hospitality, real estate, and healthcare. Members of the PE/VC team will also have the opportunity to assist our Transaction Advisory Services team in performing buy side and sell side due diligence projects, as well as a variety of other special projects including financial modeling and projections, agreed upon procedures and financial statement review engagements. Candidates applying for this position will be responsible for the following:
- Perform diversified accounting and auditing procedures, with a focus on PE/VC firms, including their funds and portfolio companies in the industries mentioned above
- Demonstrate competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and firm standards
- Participate in planning and scheduling client engagements
- Direct, evaluate, and mentor junior staff
- Prepare and review working papers, financial statements and reports
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with clients and our team
- Embody an excellent client service mindset in representing the Firm
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change from time to time with notice whenever possible, but not guaranteed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Master’s degree preferred
- CPA or CPA Track
- 3+ years recent experience in public accounting and working with PE/VC firms and their portfolio companies
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting and other software programs
We are looking for a candidate to work full time. Normal hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm overtime during our peak season: January through April and sporadically through the rest of the year. These periods require increasing normal weekly hours, which include weekends.
KLR offers a wide range of benefits including: health and dental insurance, paid time-off and a competitive retirement savings plan. We offer tuition assistance, in-house education programs and offer employees opportunities for community involvement.
Come join a firm who has recently been recognized for an 13th straight year as the “Best Place to Work” by the Providence Business Journal and voted as a Top 100 Firm in the country by Accounting Today!
KLR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.