Global Tax Insights
New Tax Filing System Unveiled in MassachusettsDecember 08, 2015
A new filing system called MassTaxConnect has replaced Massachusetts’ previous system WebFile for Business—Read up on the change.
The Massachusetts Department of Revenue (DOR) has replaced their existing e-filing system WebFile for Business, with a new online tax system called MassTaxConnect. The new tax filing system became available to business taxpayers starting November 30th of this year, and individual income taxpayers will have access by 2017.
What benefits does the new system present?
DOR believes that taxpayers are not the only ones who will benefit from the new system. It will ease business for DOR employees and the business community at large, too.
- System that is modern and easy to use, making filing and paying taxes more straightforward and efficient than before.
- Centralized system opening doors for DOR employees to provide faster and improved customer service to business taxpayers across the state.
- Enhanced voluntary compliance system for taxpayers.
- New efficiencies for taxpayers that were not possible with the old system.
- Ability to send secure messages and assign third-party access electronically.
- Ability to access most business taxes in one spot for both filing and payment purposes.
- Updated and simplified process for amended returns.
Has the new system retained any aspects of the old?
MassTaxConnect will retain a number of functionalities of WebFile for Business, allowing taxpayers to continue to be able to:
- File free of charge
- Schedule payments
- File early, if you so choose
- Enjoy the benefits of automatic calculations and error alerts
How do I register?
If you were a WebFile for Business user, your registration will be carried over to the new system with your existing username and password. To log in to MassTaxConnect as a non Webfile user, you can either use your taxpayer credentials, or the unique ID code that will be arriving to business taxpayers after November 30th.
For more information on the new system, contact any member of our Tax Services Team, and be sure to visit MassTaxConnect’s website, which provides an extensive description of the new system and its features.