The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) represents the biggest change to our tax code in more than 30 years. That being said, tax reform of this magnitude will have far-reaching implications - on both businesses and individuals.
From lowering the corporate and individual income tax rates to new rules for pass-through corporation, to the elimination of the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) for corporations, the sweeping legislation will significantly change the way you and your business operate. Here is our comprehensive summary of what will change and how you can best prepare.
2019 Year-end Tax Planning Guides
Tax Reform Resources for Businesses
- The TCJA’s Lingering Impact on Charitable Giving
- Real Estate Investors and Developers: Cost Segregation Studies Can Boost Like-Kind Exchanges
- Using a Qualified Intermediary with a 1031 Exchange
- IRS Releases Final Regulations on Additional First Year Depreciation Deductions
- Nonprofit Industry Outlook for 2019
- Case Update: Conservation Easement Deductions under IRS Attack
- Hot Topics in Real Estate
- IRS Provides Guidance on Section 965 Transition Tax
- Can You Deduct Those Repair Costs?
- Restaurant Tax Update: Qualified Improvement Property (QIP) Changes under TCJA
- International Tax Update: What is the GILTI Provision?
- Nonprofit Tax Update: Important TCJA Changes You Need to Know
- State Tax Outlook for 2019
- Impact of Tax Reform on Mergers & Acquisitions
- Carried Interest Post TCJA: Impact on Private Equity
- IRS Provides Safe Harbor for SALT Deduction Workarounds
- Are You Caught Up on Changes to Executive Compensation Under the TCJA?
- Under the TCJA, are Employee Shift Meals Still 100% Deductible?
- Bonus Depreciation: How Building Improvements Fell through the Cracks
- FAQs: The Real Estate Industry & The Business Interest Expense Deduction Limitation
- How will the TCJA Impact 2018 Filing Season?
- How did the Government Shutdown Impact Tax Season?
- Partnerships & S Corps, Are You Prepared for the March 15th Tax Deadline?
- Is My Parking Free? QTF Parking Benefits Under the TCJA
- Should You Switch Your Business to a C Corp?
- What are the Final Regulations for 20% Pass-through Deductions?
- Time to Consider a Cost Segregation Study
- Tax Reform Changed the Rules for Deducting Pass-Through Business Losses
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act: Tactical Decisions Remain for Employers
- QBI Deduction: Demystifying the Service Business Limitation
- The QBI Deduction Is as “Easy” as 1, 2, 3
- Save Tax on Restricted Stock Awards with the Section 83(b) Election
- How the New Tax Law Affects Auto Trade-ins
- New Tax Law Reduces Recovery Periods for Certain Real Property
- How are Pass-through Entities Affected by the TCJA?
- TCJA Introduces New Limit on Business Interest Deductions
- Tax Reform FAQs: Should I Convert from an LLC to a C Corp?
- How will the TCJA Impact Cross Border Mobility?
- New College Endowment Tax under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- TCJA: Opportunity Zones: Invest in your Community while Saving Tax
- What is the Universal Charitable Deduction and How could it be Impacted by the TCJA
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Expands Tax Breaks for Business Vehicles
- M&E Expenses under the TCJA
- Tax Reform FAQs: Business Interest Expense Deduction
- New Tax Law Frees Up Cash to Invest in Your Workforce
- CFOs Face Tough Decisions under TCJA Expanded Depreciation Rules
- Tax Reform FAQ's: Are Business Related Entertainment Expenses Still Deductible?
Tax Reform Resources for Individuals
- Year-End Giving Guidelines
- 7 Smart Tax Moves to Make Before December 31st
- New Retirement Plan Contribution Limits for 2020
- Last Minute Tax Saving Opportunities for Self-Employed Taxpayers
- Tax Saving Strategy: Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCDs)
- Pay-As-You-Go Taxes on Sharing-Economy Activities
- TCJA Limits Personal Casualty Losses
- 5 Ways to Save Taxes this Summer
- Reduce Taxes with Charitable Gift “Bunching”
- Hire Your Kids This Summer and Save Taxes
- Clarifying the Federal Tax Treatment of Alimony Payments
- Investor vs. Trader: Why it Matters for Tax Purposes
- 2019 Estate and Gift Tax Update
- MA Governor Signs Law Taxing and Regulating Airbnb and Short Term Rentals
- IRS Releases Shorter Form 1040 and Schedules for Upcoming Tax Season
- 2018 Tax Filing Season Begins January 28th, IRS Confirms
- IRS Announces 2019 Tax Rates for Individuals
- No Clawback: Act Fast to Take Advantage of Expanded Lifetime Exemption
- Does the TCJA Change the Rules for Capital Gains and Dividends?
- The TCJA’s Impact on Investment Management Fees for IRAs
- Did the Tax Write Off for Margin Interest Survive the TCJA?
- How will the TCJA Impact my Charitable Deductions?
- New Limits for 1031 Exchanges Under the TCJA
- Changes Under TCJA: To Itemize or Not To Itemize?
- Tax Reform and the Medical Expense Deduction
- How the New Tax Law Affects Auto Trade-Ins
- Tax Reform and the Medical Expense Deduction
- Can I Still Deduct Interest on Home Equity Loans under the TCJA?
- Kiddie Tax Rules Change Under the TCJA
- Beware of Upcoming TCJA Changes to the Alimony Rules
- 3 Changes to Section 529 Plan Rules Under the New Tax Law
- Last Chance to Recharacterize Roth IRA Conversions
- Did the TCJA Impact the Child Tax Credit?
- Did the TCJA Impact Donor Advised Funds?
- Tax Reform Update: How does the TCJA Impact Individuals?
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Estate Planning Strategies
- How does the TCJA Impact Airbnb and Other Short Term Rental Hosts?
- IRS Cracks Down on SALT Deduction 'Workarounds'
- Buying/Selling a Home? Keep these Tax Tips in Mind
- The Mortgage Interest Deduction After the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Under the TCJA, Plaintiffs Face a Higher Tax on Lawsuit Settlements
- Tax Reform FAQs: Is Home Mortgage Interest Still Deductible?
- How Does Tax Reform Impact Estate Planning?
- Tax Reform FAQs: Are Personal Exemptions and Standard Deductions Still Allowed?
- How will the TCJA Impact Real Estate Owners?
- Tax Reform FAQs: Is the AMT Repealed?
- Four Tax Law Changes that could Affect You
- Tax Reform and its Impact on Itemized Deductions
Tax Reform & Industry Implications
- Healthcare Industry Prepares for Major TCJA Changes
- Tech Firms: Consider New Tax Law Before Persuing Strategic Investments
- Tech Companies: Let's Review Your Compensation Plan Under New Tax Law
- Private Equity: Does the Extended Carried-Interest Holding Period Apply to S Corps?
- The Impact of Tax Reform on Private Equity
- The Impact of Tax Reform on the Manufacturing Industry
- Tax and Healthcare Reform Continue in 2018
October 23rd 2018 - Tax Reform Update for Businesses and Individuals
Description: Although the TCJA was released in December 2017, much of the legislation was left unclarified. With the year quickly coming to a close more guidance has been released on exactly how this sweeping legislation could impact you and your business. To download a copy of the slides and a recording of the webinar, click here.
January 10th 2018 - The Impact of Tax Reform on Businesses and Individuals
Description: Our tax specialists have been on top of this sweeping legislation since it was first released in December 2017. Shareholders Laura Yalanis, CPA and Norman LeBlanc, CPA delivered a comprehensive summary of the TCJA changes in this webinar. To listen to a recording of the webinar, click here.
TCJA Questions? Let's Talk!
Please complete the form below to contact a local KLR professional about tax reform or any other issues affecting you or your business.