October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month: OWN IT, SECURE IT, PROTECT ITOctober 03, 2019
Don’t let a cyber-attack wreak havoc on your digital profile! Make sure you’re well-versed in cybersecurity best practices and how to protect your data.
It’s hard to believe that October is here already! As you gear up for pumpkin carving, ghost tours and haunted hayrides, there’s another spooky thing you should keep on your radar…cyber-attacks. October is National Cybersecurity Awareness Month (NCSAM), and aims to bring light to the importance of staying safe online in both our personal and professional lives.
OWN IT, SECURE IT, PROTECT IT
The NCSAM 2019 theme is OWN IT, SECURE IT, PROTECT IT, and encourages personal accountability and proactive behavior in cybersecurity best practices, digital privacy and more.
Throughout the month of October we will be raising awareness about cyberattacks and ways to stay safe online.
Stay tuned for more on:
- Best practices for updating privacy settings- Don’t save passwords in your browser.
- What do your devices know about you? You could unknowingly be storing your current location, passwords, bank information and more.
- 7 steps to better password protection- Are you using multifactor authentication?
- The worst passwords of 2018- If your password is 12345, you’ll want to change it!
- Phishing Protections- If an email sounds phony, it’s probably a scam!
- Everything you need to know about Wi-Fi safety- Stay protected while connected.
Questions on your data security? We can help! Reach out to our Information Security Services Team.