The Real Estate industry is undergoing incredible changes. Managing cash flow, containing operating costs and minimizing your tax burden depends on diligent planning and advisors you can count on. In order to keep your business and investments on solid financial ground, you need advisors that can keep you informed of new regulations, tax law changes and the fine line between a passive investor and an active developer.
KLR’s experience includes working with developers, investors, contractors, managers, owners, and operators in all real estate sectors – affordable housing, condominium associations, commercial office and retail properties, hotels, and industrial properties. Our extensive knowledge of the real estate industry ensures that our clients maximize the value of their real estate holdings.
The KLR Real Estate Practice Group offers a wide range of assurance, tax and consulting services to private equity funds, real estate investment funds, private real estate companies, individual real estate investors, and entities that acquire, own, develop and operate commercial and residential real estate.
Our services include:
- Tax Planning and Compliance
- Accounting and Assurance
- Cost Segregation Studies
- Opportunity Zone Consulting and Related Compliance
- 179D Energy Deduction
- Solar Energy Credits and Incentives
- Cost Certifications for LIHTC's, HUD and Massachusetts Chapter 40B
- Rapid Cost Recover on Qualified Improvement Property
- Effective Use of the IRS Repair Regulations
- Partial Disposition Write-offs
- Section 1031 Exchange Consulting
- Planning for Section 162j Limitations
- Deal Structuring and Review of Partnership Agreements
- Step-up and Step-down Transactions
- Tax Efficient reorganizations
- State and Local Tax Experience in All 50 states
- Technology Consulting
- Executive Recruiting
- Outsourced Controllers and CFO's
Recent client projects include:
- For a real estate developer, consulted on a complex S1031 exchange transaction utilizing a Delaware Statutory Trust
- For a commercial real estate client, provide tax and business considerations for LLC member equity extraction prior to a potential joint venture development.
- Cost segregation studies for a $500M real estate property development, which includes multi-year phases, various buildings with multiple uses, while determining significant tax benefits as a result of accelerated depreciation verse Section 163j interest limitations.
- Structuring and planning services for a $20M Qualified Opportunity Zone Fund including yearly compliance requirements and testing.
- Placed a CFO at one of the largest building companies in New England and placed COO for a property management company through our executive recruiting company, KLR Executive Search.