Our Most Popular Tax, Business and Hospitality Blogs of 2017December 15, 2017
What interested readers most in 2017? Corporate taxes and cyber security top this year’s list.
Looking for the latest and greatest blog posts on tax and business matters? Look no further than KLR’s wildly successful blogs. In case you missed them, here are the top 10 most popular posts from 2017.
- Changes in Store for S Corporations in 2017 By. Paul Oliveira
How might taxation of S corporations change under Trump’s presidency? And other changes that are in store for pass through entities.
- Everything You Need to Know about the Equifax Data Breach By. Dan Andrea
One of the nation’s major credit reporting agencies, Equifax, was breached. Names, credit card numbers and more were stolen in this attack. Our blog covered what should you do if your information was compromised in the attack.
- IRS Updates 2017-2018 Per Diem Rates for Business Travel By. Stephanie Burns
Looking for an easier way to reimburse employees for travel expenses? Per diem rates, or fixed allowances for lodging and meals, could be the solution.
- Are Settlement Proceeds Taxable? By. Paul Oliveira
The taxation of legal settlements gets somewhat complicated in the event of a non-physical injury lawsuit... we take the guess work out.
- New Retirement Plan Contribution Limits for 2018 By. Peri Ann Aptaker
IRA contribution limits have changed for the New Year. Take a look at some adjustments to phaseout ranges for 2018.
- IRS Updates 2018 Estate and Gift Tax Limits By. Dave Desmarais
For 2018, every dollar, up to 5.6 million, that passes from a single individual to his/her family during life or at death will pass tax free.
- Is it Better to Donate Stock or Cash to Charity? By. Laura Yalanis
Want to help a charity but not sure if you should give shares of stock or just cash? It depends on a few things...including your income.
- 6 Late-Stage Retirement Catch-up Tips By. Peri Ann Aptaker
Worried about finances in retirement? Studies have shown many Americans are not prioritizing retirement; learn how you can maximize savings for your golden years.
- 6 Key Components of the Recently Proposed American Health Care Act (AHCA) By. Loree Dubois
On March 6, House Republicans unveiled a 123-page proposal for replacing the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Here are the basics of that bill, known as the American Health Care Act.
- Rhode Island Approves 2018 Minimum Wage Increase By. Norman LeBlanc
Rhode Island Employers.... minimum wage will increase 50 cents in 2018!
Whether old or new, many of our top 10 blogs cover concepts that stand the test of time. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions.