- Location: Providence, RI, Boston or Waltham, MA
- Required Years of Experience: 8+ years
- Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business, Master’s degree in related field preferred
- Travel: No
- Relocation: No
- Job Industry: Public Accounting
- Department: Audit
KLR is one of the fastest growing accounting firms in New England. We are seeking a Audit Manager to join our team in our Boston or Waltham office.
KLR is ranked as one of the top one hundred accounting and business consulting firms in the United States. KLR operates four (4) offices in MA and RI and has more than 250 professionals.
As a Manager on our Audit Team, you will utilize your educational background as well as your organizational skills as you work on clients of the Firm. Our audit engagements are in many industries including: manufacturing, distribution, consumer products, retail, restaurant, healthcare and non-profit. Candidates applying for this position will be responsible for the following:
- Be responsible for client relationships within their area of expertise and for clients assigned to them.
- Direct field work on financial statement audit and accounting engagements,
- Schedule and monitor the progress of engagements in relation to budgets and due dates
- Supervise and review engagement planning, train and evaluate associates and supervisors
- Review all work before submission to Partners for further review
- Negotiate fees and ensure proper billings to clients
- Serve as liaison among Partners, clients and staff
- Demonstrate proficient technical skills for handling all client responsibilities, including knowledge of trends, industries, alternatives, etc.
- Understand the client’s organization, procedures and internal policies
- Owning client relationships and work
- Provide clients’ with recommendations and guidance on how to achieve their goals and assist in identifying opportunities for growth with clients
- Working closely with staff, and assisting senior management in mentoring, coaching, training, supervising, and evaluating staff
- Foster a team environment; demonstrates support of management and decisions and build a positive culture
- Participate in practice development activities that lead to the generation of new business and the opportunities for cross-s
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change from time to time with notice whenever possible, but not guaranteed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Master’s degree in related field preferred
- 8+ years of technical audit experience in public accounting or related field, 5 in managerial role
- CPA or equivalent certification is a must
- Ability to manage all aspects of client engagements
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated supervisory ability, strong operational and project management skills
- Proficient use of applicable technology
We are looking for a candidate to work full time. Normal hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm overtime during our peak season: January through April and August through October. These periods require increasing normal weekly hours, which include weekends.
KLR offers a wide range of benefits including: health and dental insurance, paid time-off and a competitive retirement savings plan. We offer tuition assistance, in-house education programs and offer employees opportunities for community involvement.
Come join a firm who has recently been recognized for an 13th straight year as the “Best Place to Work” by the Providence Business Journal and voted as a Top 100 Firm in the country by Accounting Today!
KLR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.