International Tax ManagerApply
- Location: Providence, RI, or Boston or Waltham, MA
- Required Years of Experience: 5+ years
- Required Education: Bachelor’s degree, CPA, Enrolled Agent (EA), or equivalent certification is a must
- Travel: No
- Relocation: No
- Job Industry: Public Accounting
- Department: Tax
KLR is one of the fastest growing accounting firms in New England. We are seeking an International Tax Manager to join our team.
KLR is ranked as one of the top one hundred accounting and business consulting firms in the United States and has more than 250 professionals.
The International Tax Manager is responsible for:
- Serve as client’s trusted advisor, demonstrate knowledge of industry trends, identify client issues and conflicts; proactively communicate solution options to client and team
- Manage staff on engagement deliverables (such as tax returns, work papers, etc.); complete technical and strategic reviews as a member of the final engagement review team to ensure quality control standards are met; ensure on time delivery and on budget
- Reviewing complex international individual tax returns
- Experience with foreign reporting, i.e. FBAR, Forms 5471, 8621, 8858, 8865, and GILTI reporting
- Strategizing with Partners regarding tax planning
- Researching tax issues and providing guidance to clients
- Working closely with staff, and assisting senior management in mentoring, coaching, training, supervising, and evaluating staff
- Participate in practice development activities that lead to the generation of new business and the opportunities for cross-serves.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change from time to time with notice whenever possible, but not guaranteed.
- BS Degree in Accounting or related field
- Master’s degree in Taxation or related field preferred
- 5+ years of technical tax experience in international tax
- CPA, Enrolled Agent (EA), or equivalent certification is a must
- Ability to manage all aspects of client engagements
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory ability, strong operational and project management skills
- Proficient use of applicable technology
We are looking for a candidate to work full time. Normal hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm with increased hours during our peak season: January through April and August through October. These periods require increasing normal weekly hours, which include weekends.
KLR offers a wide range of benefits including: health and dental insurance, paid time-off and a competitive retirement savings plan. We offer tuition assistance, in-house education programs and offer employees opportunities for community involvement.
Come join a firm who has recently been recognized for a 15th year as the “Best Place to Work” and voted as a Top 100 Firm in the country by Accounting Today!
KLR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.