Attention Dentists! You may be Eligible for Funding from the Provider Relief FundJuly 24, 2020
Dentists…you are now eligible to participate in the Provider Relief fund established by the CARES Act. The deadline is fast approaching…here’s what you need to know.
Earlier this month, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced that non-Medicaid dentists who had previously been ineligible to participate in the Provider Relief Fund established by the CARES act are now eligible. The August 3rd deadline to apply is fast approaching and the funds are limited!
More about the Provider Relief Fund
Eligible dentists can receive up to 2% of patient revenue based upon their 2019 revenue. These funds can be used for reimbursement of health care related expenses or lost revenues attributable to coronavirus. Applicants should carefully review all the terms and conditions when applying. Payments received under this program do not have to be paid back and are taxable income to the recipient.
In order to apply for these newly available funds, dentists must meet all the following requirements -
- Must not have received payment from the initial $50 billion Medicare-focused General Distribution; and
- Must not have received payment from the $15 billion Medicaid and CHIP Distribution; and
- Must have either (i) filed a federal income tax return for fiscal years 2017, 2018 or 2019 or (ii) be an entity exempt from the requirement to file a federal income tax return and have no beneficial owner that is required to file a federal income tax return. (e.g. a state-owned hospital or healthcare clinic); and
- Must have provided patient dental care after January 31, 2020; and
- Must not have permanently ceased providing patient dental care directly, or indirectly through included subsidiaries; and
- if the applicant is an individual, have gross receipts or sales from providing patient dental care reported on Form 1040, Schedule C, Line 1, excluding income reported on a W-2 as a (statutory) employee.
Dentists can apply here on the CARES portal website at https://cares.linkhealth.com/#/ and find out more information on the HHS website here https://www.hhs.gov/coronavirus/cares-act-provider-relief-fund/faqs/dental-distribution/index.html#dental-distribution-overview-eligibility.
Navigating through all of the information and programs available to impacted businesses may be overwhelming. KLR advisors are available to assist you navigate the best path forward during this unprecedented crisis. With a completely remote workforce our advisors are always available.
Visit our Coronavirus Resource Center for more information.