- Location: Boston, MA, Waltham, MA or Providence, RI, Newport, RI
- Required Years of Experience: 2+ years prior experience in public accountingRequired
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Travel: Minimal
- Relocation: No
- Job Industry: Public Accounting
- Department: Tax
KLR is one of the fastest growing accounting firms in New England. We are seeking a Tax Associate to join our team in our Boston or Providence office.
KLR is ranked as one of the top one hundred accounting and business consulting firms in the United States. KLR operates four (4) offices in MA and RI and has more than 250 professionals.
As a member of our Tax Team, the Associate will utilize his/her educational background, as well as technical and organizational skills while working closely with colleagues on a variety of assignments. Our practice encompasses corporate, international and small business clients, as well as high net worth individuals and includes a variety of industries such as manufacturing, consumer products, hospitality, healthcare, life sciences and non-profit. He/she will be responsible for the following:
- Prepare and review federal, state and international tax returns
- Create tax planning ideas and strategies for individuals, multi-state and multinational corporations and partnerships
- Prepare and organizing tax files and prepare projections for year end tax strategies
- Prepare financial reporting and tax preparation, including tax planning services for corporate and individual tax clients
- Research complex tax and financial reporting issues
- Respond to IRS and state tax notices
- Mentoring and train interns and staff level Tax Accountants
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change from time to time with notice whenever possible, but not guaranteed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Master’s degree in Taxation or related field preferred
- 2 years prior experience in public accounting
- Proficient in Profx Tax; Profx Engagement or similar software as well as MS Office
- Knowledge of BNA Tax, and Profx Fixed Assets preferred
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet stated deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced environment and exercise sound judgment and discretion when handling confidential information.
There will be increased hours during our peak season: January through April and August through October which will include weekends.
KLR offers a wide range of benefits including: health and dental insurance, paid time-off and a competitive retirement savings plan. We offer tuition assistance, in-house education programs and offer employees opportunities for community involvement.
Come join a firm who has recently been recognized for an 13th straight year as the “Best Place to Work” by the Providence Business Journal and voted as a Top 100 Firm in the country by Accounting Today!
KLR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.