IS Assurance ManagerApply
- Location: Providence, RI
- Required Years of Experience: 7+ years
- Required Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Travel: No
- Relocation: No
- Job Industry: Public Accounting
- Department: Information Security
KLR is one of the fastest growing accounting firms in New England. We are seeking a IS Assurance Manager to join our team in our Providence office.
KLR is ranked as one of the top one hundred accounting and business consulting firms in the United States. KLR operates four (4) offices in MA and RI and has more than 250 professionals.
The IS Assurance Manager is responsible for supporting the KLR Information Security team in examining, evaluating, and verifying the adequacy of internal controls in client’s information technology, information security and IT infrastructure systems. Working with the IS Partner-In-Charge, the IS Assurance Manager will be a key contributor in the continued development of the KLR Information Security Group.
Candidates applying for this position will be responsible for the following:
- Oversee the performance of audit procedures performed by KLR IS staff
- Manage all aspects of the IS Group including project billing, staff reviews, engagement reviews, engagement budget reviews and approval and engagement work-paper review
- Ability to foster and develop long term relationships with senior client management
- Enhancing the KLR brand through the writing of regular blogs and periodic Webinar presentations
- Demonstrated knowledge of technology and application risk and controls management as a practitioner, including:
- Knowledge of various control frameworks (e.g., TSP 100, NIST, COBIT, etc.)
- Experience in application security controls (design and/or execution)
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (Agile and Waterfall), control requirements
- Knowledge of vulnerability assessment tools
- Familiarity with network security and performance monitoring tools
- Familiarity with cloud providers including AWS, Rackspace and Azure
- Familiarity with firewall configurations and understanding of policies and rule sets
- A strong understanding of relational databases (Oracle, SQL, etc.), and data analysis
- tools (such as ACL and IDEA).
- Knowledge of network and server architectures and information security concepts.
- Basic understanding of controls in mainframe or multi-platform networked computing environments.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change from time to time with notice whenever possible, but not guaranteed.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, management information systems, accounting, business administration, or related
- area is required.
- Minimum 7 years of current IT auditing and/or information technology experience (application security and architecture, system administration, information security, data privacy, network architecture and security) required
- Previous experience in a public accounting or consulting environment preferred
- Professional qualifications are required or are in process such as CPA, CISA, CISSP or CISM
- Demonstrated ability to develop and close IT audit related business opportunities
- Demonstrated experience in the performance of SOC 1 and SOC 2 assessments and examinations (Type 1 and Type 2)
- Excellent written, oral and presentation communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
KLR offers a wide range of benefits including: health and dental insurance, paid time-off and a competitive retirement savings plan. We offer tuition assistance, in-house education programs and offer employees opportunities for community involvement.
Come join a firm who has recently been recognized for an 13th straight year as the “Best Place to Work” by the Providence Business Journal and voted as a Top 100 Firm in the country by Accounting Today!
KLR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.