October 14, 2019
8:00 AM - 9:30 AM
Example Speaker 1, Example Speaker 2
Join KLR and Partridge Snow & Hahn for a breakfast seminar on Opportunity Zones Demystified: Opportunities and Challenges for Fund Sponsors.
About this event
Register now to join KLR and Partridge Snow & Hahn for a breakfast seminar on Opportunity Zones Demystified: Opportunities and Challenges for Fund Sponsors on May 14th at the offices of KLR, 99 Summer Street, Suite 520, Boston, MA.
Everyone is talking about Opportunity Zones in the investment and real estate communities. Investments in property and businesses in Opportunity Zones, if done properly through a Qualified Opportunity Fund (a “QOF”), could create tremendous tax savings. However, due to the requirements and current proposed regulations, fitting an Opportunity Zone investment into a typical Venture Capital / Private Equity fund structure may create challenges.
Among the issues that fund sponsors will want to address are:
- Properly structuring Capital Calls to allow investors the ability to take advantage of OZ rules.
- A QOF’s ability to deal with multiple closings that are common among typical VC / PE funds.
- Address whether “feeder funds” and “funds-of-funds” structures will work with a QOF.
- What does an exit strategy look like with a QOF? What are the pitfalls?
- Timing of tax distributions in light of investor’s automatic recognition of income on December 31, 2026, unless investment is disposed of sooner.
|9:00am - 1:00pm||Event|